Thursday, June 14, 2007

Views along the run






Here's a few pictures that piece together the views along my usual run. It's totally blurred to me because a) I wear thick glasses and I don't run in them b) I'm usually "head down" trying to get to the end. But tonight I took a few pics along the way. The weather was foul, but it gives you an idea.

The run starts with Hobbes setting the pace down the street from our home behind Holy Trinity church to the theatre park by the river Avon (pic 1), through to the Swan Theatre (pic 2), then on to boat basin and over the bridge that overlooks the soon to be renovated Royal Shakespeare Theatre (pic 3), along the other side of the river Avon passing Holy Trinity church again on the right (pic 4) into the final iPod "power song" 1/4 mile stretch back to the house. Phew. Hobbes finds his own way to cool off (pic 5), thanks to our English summer rain.

Holy Trinity church is where William Shakespeare and his family are buried. It attracts about a quarter of a million tourists a year. The scaffolding around the spire (pictured above) has been up for about a year because there is an extensive amount of careful restoration work being done. The church was originally built in the early 13th century -- I guess it's about time it got a new roof.

No comments: