Monday, April 21, 2008

Las Vegas


I recently spent a couple of days in the office in Stamford, Connecticut, north of New York, but then flew to Las Vegas for one of our big events. This was a similar trip to the one I did in January, but the difference this time was that I didn't fly back to London in the middle of it!
I had a much better experience in Las Vegas this time too. The event was terrific from a professional perspective, and I didn't throw my back out like last time. But my second impression of Las Vegas was pretty much the same as my first; I'm not that keen on it. I can see why people would love this place, but I can't quite get my head around the constant gambling. I don't understand why so many people would gamble so much money knowing that the odds a stacked so high against you. It just seems like a waste of time. But I guess those same people wouldn't understand why I like climbing mountains or walking to London for fun. It takes all types, I suppose.

One thing is very impressive about Las Vegas; it really was built right in the middle of the desert. And it's still getting bigger. Quite incredible.


No comments: