Sunday, February 04, 2007

Tokyo, Japan by night






A member of our team based here in Tokyo kindly offered to show me around the city for the afternoon. It turns out that my hotel is right in the middle of a cool neighbourhood, most notable for its famous pedestrian crossing. It featured in one of my all time favourite movies, Lost in Translation".

In keeping with the movie theme, we walked through a beautiful shrine to the Park Hyatt hotel, the place where Lost In Translation was filmed. We had tea on the 54th floor in the bar overlooking the entire city from all sides. This is where my hero Bill Murray downed his whiskey night after night, but I have to say that the view from this building-top bar stole the show. It was breathtaking.

My eyes were starting fading fast after 30 hours without sleep, so it was then back to the hotel via an electronics shopping district. Noisy!

And the top photo is the view from my room at night. I think I'll sleep with the curtains open tonight.

1 comment:

chuck said...

Hey andy Tokyo pictures are awesome! Wish I was back there chillin with my UK fans!
Bill Murray

p.s. it wouldn't hurt if scarlett johansson joined us as well