Friday, August 03, 2007

The time has come

Tomorrow morning at 8am, I finally begin "the walk".... 146 miles from Stratford upon Avon to London in nine days, raising funds for the Shakespeare Hospice.

As you'll see from the box on the right, we (you!) have raised more than £1400, but the actual total is £2,628.89 which accounts for the £1,000 donated by my company and a few off-line sponsorships. I'm humbled by the incredible generosity of my friends and colleagues all around the world.

If you have not yet sponsored me, don't worry!! You still can!! Please click the link -- every penny counts.

I will not be updating my blog along the way because a) I want to get as far away as humanly possible from any personal computing device b) there is a distinct lack of internet cafes in the middle of the countryside. I will, however, update the blog in glorious detail once I return to civilisation.

Now the only thing left to do is get those boots on and get walking.........

No comments: