Friday, February 22, 2008

London: Natural History Museum & British Library

We spent the weekend in London, visiting the Natural History Museum (NHM) and the British Library.
The NHM is like a cathedral housing an incredible collection of, what appears to be, everything. We only explored the ground floor in a day. 

During our visit, we saw a fantastic collection of dinosaurs (not a patch on the Museum of Natural History in New York, though) and I encouraged B to go to the Antarctic explorers exhibit. Anyone who knows me is aware of my love of mountains and polar exploration, so I have high hopes for B! I'm hoping he gets over this image of me in a base camp coat.


We also visited the British Library. B enjoyed a fantastic story telling session in the sacred texts room. The stories were ancient tales from different religions around the world; we enjoyed it as much as B.

After a quick look at the Magna Carter, we visited the new St Pancras station, the home of the Eurostar train to Europe. It's a beautiful building - an incredible mix of victorian and modern engineering.


No comments: