Sunday, July 01, 2007

Huge Thanks to Early Sponsors

After just three weeks and only one begging email, my friends, family and colleagues have donated nearly 900 pounds to the Shakespeare Hospice. Incredible! I want to thank everyone who has sponsored me so far and remind you that your donation has been doubled by my company -- which means that one month before I start "the walk" we have raised nearly 2000 pounds (that's US$4000)!!!

Every single penny you have donated will make a huge difference to people as they end their life at home with the professional support of the staff at the Shakespeare Hospice.

I have also got something out of this walk already -- the realisation that I have such generous and supportive people all around me. My sincere thanks to those of you who have taken the time to donate -- from as far away as the USA (California, New York and Connecticut), The Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, Hong Kong, Australia, South Africa, Sweden, Finland and, of course, all over the UK.

If you haven't already visited my sponsorship web site (see link on right or click here), please do!! Or if you'd like to find out more about the Shakespeare Hospice or why I'm doing this before you decide to sponsor me, please don't hesitate to email/call me.

No comments: