The bad weather seems to be following me around! After two weeks of torrential rain in the South of France and UK, I arrived in New York to 30 degree heat and pouring rain. It sounds crazy to say, but the humidity was also very high. When I walked out of the airport terminal, not only did I get soaked, but the temperature difference/humidity made my glasses steam up like I had just walked into a sauna. Arriving at my usual hotel in Greenwich, Connecticut (about 40 minutes outside NYC), the climate made the forest in the foyer (pictured here) seem like a tropical jungle.
Keeping up my fitness regime for the upcoming walk, I did my regular run this morning at 6am in the Hyatt gym. I'm no fan of gyms -- in fact, I hate them -- so I thought that an early visit would spare me the embarrassment of other "fitter" Americans outpacing me on the adjoining treadmill. In fact, the gym was packed and, judging by the rather thick atmosphere in the very confined space, it had been sweating the stress out of a quite a few corporate animals for many hours already.
The one treat at the end of my run -- iced towels!! Yep, the towels were doused in water and then stuck in the fridge at a low temperature. Oh, the bliss.

No comments:
Post a Comment