I think this is a strong contender for a long summer weekend!Thursday, November 22, 2007
Dead Man Walking
A colleague recently forwarded the details of a fascinating, but somewhat macabre, long distance walk in the North East of England. Called the "Lyke Wake Walk", it is a complete crossing of the North Yorkshire moors along the main east-west watershed, a distance of approximately 40 miles. Those that complete the walk in the alloted time receive the title of Dirger (as in the person who walks behind a coffin) or witch. For those so inclined to complete the walk more than once, the "dirger" will be bestowed with the title of Master of Misery or Doctor of Dolefulness.
I think this is a strong contender for a long summer weekend!
I think this is a strong contender for a long summer weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment