Saturday, November 17, 2007

Paris, France

I always cringe when our good friends in America refer to "Paris, France", as though the person they are talking to will get confused with some other capital city called Paris. So it was much to my surprise when, upon searching the city on google, it threw back no less than 10 other cities in the US called Paris located in states such as Texas, Idaho, Kentucky and Illinois. So, please forgive me my previous transgression.

I was researching the city online because I visited briefly on Friday. Unfortunately, the French obsession with striking meant that I literally landed, battled my way to the office, presented for a couple of hours and battled my way back to the airport among 3 million Parisians who were trying to get home without the aid of the public transport system. And I missed breakfast and lunch.... typical Englishman abroad.

The image “http://www.ouaj.com/france/Paris-tour-eiffel.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Like many other short-haul business travelers, I only saw the inside of the airport, taxi and office, but I would like to visit the city to look around. Who doesn't want to see the Eiffel Tower one day?

No comments: